Saturday, December 28, 2013

Why we do what we do

I have been posting a lot on worker's rights and struggles recently.
I know that.
This blog is supposed tone about my views and my life.
What can I say?
Lately,
This HAS been my life.

But why do we do what we do?
That's a question we should ask ourselves.

We do it for our patients, our students, and the public we serve.
Yes.
But we also do it for ourselves and our families, so that this will be a little better world to live in, a little fairer, a little kinder.

Its a never ending job, with a goal, but no finish line.

And so,
It's important to take time to step back, look at the journey, and just enjoy life along the way.

My son got us a gift, and this weekend we're enjoying it.
We're staying overnight at a very nice hotel in Hartford and then going to the Science Center to see "Bodies Reveled"

Most important, we're taking just a little time to stop and enjoy life, and each other.

No comments: