Monday, May 14, 2012

Wayne Bagley

My brother in law, Wayne Bagley, went home to his heavenly reward yesterday, he was 55. Wayne found out last fall that he had mesothelioma and a few weeks ago that further treatment would not help.

He was a wonderful man, father, husband and brother in law, I will miss him deeply.  I also believe that I will see him again and I look forward to that day.

Cancer has not been kind to our family in recent years.  Another brother in law, Ira, lost his battle 4 years ago, he was only 56.  Last fall, we lost my mother in law, Gloria. All three were wonderful people, adding proof to the saying that the good die young.

I don't know why this happens, why we lose people we love before what we believe should be their time.  I do know that it makes me pause an remember that none of us is guaranteed a preset number of days, that every day is a gift, and that our loved ones are on loan to us.

My prayers are with my sister in law, my niece, my nephew, Wayne's sister, and all who called Wayne friend and will miss him.  My prayers are also with the millions of us who have lost someone close to us.

May God's peace come into our hearts and give us rest in the knowledge that our loved ones rest safely in His hands and that we will see them again.

No comments: