Tuesday, June 9, 2015

Letter to my hospital coworkers

My Backus colleagues,

It has been an honor to work with you for the past 21 years, those whom I currently work with and those whom I have work with over all these years.

I take a part of you with me.
Our interactions have shaped me. 
We have laughed and cried and argued and made up. We have become brothers and sisters.
Perhaps those not in healthcare will not understand, I don't know.

I do know that what you do every day makes the world a better place. 
Whatever your role, your mission is to heal body and soul and the need to do so is a part of your body and soul. 
This is not limited to direct caregivers. It applies equally to those to keep our hospital clean and running and fed. 
It applies to all who arrive day after day and put patients first.

I leave you because I am called to something else. The lessons I have learned from you about advocating for others will be critical to the work I am called to do.  In fact, they have been vital to leading me to this new calling.

I'll miss not seeing you daily, but I will carry you in my heart.

In service and brotherhood,
John


No comments: