Saturday, May 4, 2013

A time for everything

To everything there is a season....
So it says in the Book of Ecclesiastes and in the song written by Pete Seeger and made popular by the Byrds.
In many cultures its call finding one's balance or being centered.
I struggle with this.
I tend to go all in when I go, to become consumed.
It's how I got through nursing school.
That's one reason why it's important for me to get away from time to time.
I can't paint the bathroom, mow the lawn, or meet for a grievance when I'm away.
My wife and my executive board are in agreement on this.
"Go", they say, " spend some time with your wife. Relax."
They are more than qualified to watch the shop, that's not the problem. The problem is me.
Anyway, it's good to be in Florida for a few days for my niece's graduation. Good to get away.
I could go on and on about the values of a vacation, but that would kind of defeat the purpose, wouldn't it.
Instead, I think I'll go for breakfast.

No comments: