Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Another trip around the sun

I was sharing with a friend tonight a few thoughts on the celebration of my 63rd trip around the sun

I can’t believe that I started today in tropical Florida and ended it in my favorite pizza place in Danielson with chocolate cake.
I  know it’s 2018 and all, and air travel has been around for decades,  but that still amazes me that it’s possible.
And I’m grateful it still amazes me.
In spite of being all grownup, I can still see the world with the eyes and faith of a child at times.
I’m blessed for that.
Perhaps that’s why I had the faith to take the leaps to become a nurse, help form a union, run as VP of a 30,000 member labor federation.

God has blessed me.
God knows I have had challenges.
But I’ve never had to face them alone.
My wonderful wife and family, my nursing colleagues, my work partners, and my members are always there to walk with me.

I have no great words of wisdom
Perhaps that’s my greatest gift.
God has helped me find my voice.
Now my job is to use that voice and help others find their voice.



No comments: