Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Stop the world, I want to get off!

They say that idle hands are the tools of the devil.....
But......
Maybe busyness is too?

I have never been this busy in my life. Emails, texts, and phone calls flood my smart phone. I keep a notebook in my pocket because if I don't write something down I will forget it, or 2 or 3 different issues will blend together in my mind. 
Organization is not my strong point, but without at least some organization, I am lost. 

Just when I think I'm caught up, the phone rings and the quite evening I had planned is gone. 
I struggle to find balance, but don't we all?
Aren't we all, to one extent or another, struggling with the pace of 24/7, instant contact, living. With trying to squeeze more and more into the same amount of hours?
Evolution has not prepared us for this. We need down time. We need a "sabbath", for our physical well being, our emotional health, and our spirtitual life. 

No comments: