Sunday, March 24, 2013

Lessons of Passover and Easter

Passover and Easter hold many lessons for me.
In Passover, God protected the Israelites from the angle of death and delivered them from the slavery of Egypt. 
It reminds me that we all have the right to be free and that if I trust in my Higher Power, whom I chose to call God, that I will be protected.
Thousands of years latter, Jesus entered Jerusalem to prepare to celebrate the Passover. He is met as the King of the Jews, with palms being laid on the road in front of him.  Only days latter, he is crucified. 
In the past two years I have met congressmen, senators, governors and union presidents.  Sometimes, I think to myself, "is this really happening to me?"  Jesus' story reminds me that I am but the spokesperson for a group of people who deserve all the credit, people who have dedicated themselves to the care of others. It also reminds me that the greatest accomplishment is the opportunity to be of service to others.  
May God bless you and your family at this holy time of the year.