Thursday, February 7, 2013

Rest easy Paul

Pepere Bessenaire, Paul, went to his eternal reward yesterday.  He is reunited with his Gloria, and all the other relatives who have passed before him.
He will be missed.
I will miss him.
He was a Koren War vet, a police officer in Danielson and Putnam, a yard worker at Electric Boat, and retired as an IBEW member at CL&P.  He was president of the Fraternal Order of Police, the Veterans of Foreign Wars, a Killingly town councilman.  He was father to 6, grandfather and great grandfather to so so many.
He was, and always will be, Pepere.
His first impression of me was that I was a hippie!  He must have enjoyed my baldness today.
He was tough, but he was loving.

He lost a 12 year battle to cancer.............but did he?
In the end, he couldn't rid his body of cancer, but in his passing, the cancer that he battled was defeated, deprived of oxygen, the cancer cells are gone.
If you ask me, Pepere got the best of his cancer in the end.  His spirit is now free, the cancer is no more.
There is no cancer in Heaven, but for Pepere, I'll bet there are New York System wieners, delivered fresh daily from Onieville Square, Providence.
I'll miss you Pepere, we all will.