Tuesday, February 5, 2013

Jeux de vie

I haven't been blogging all that much lately. 
I've been busy.
I know,
that's what everyone says when they don't get something done, but there is some truth to it.
I should blog more often, it's good for me, therapeutic, you know.  Sitting at the keyboard  and pounding away just helps me get my thoughts straight, helps me get a perspective on things, helps me set my bottled up emotions free.
 I know it's not great literary art but it is mine, it is me.
Sometime I just have to open the computer, place my hands on the keys, and see what comes out.

My father in law is very sick.  Please keep him and my wife and the family in your prayers.  We lost Memere to cancer about a year ago.  Then we lost our brother in law, Wayne, also to cancer.  Pepere has been fighting cancer for about 12 years.  He'll lose that battle soon, but it's not because he didn't fight.  Soon his fight will be over, soon he'll be at rest, soon he'll be reunited with his Gloria.

I understand the life process that brings us to a new life in Heaven.  I do not fear it for the person passing.  I struggle with the sadness of those left behind.
Coming from an Irish/Scott/English family I did not learn to show emotions the way my French Canadian marriage family does.  I envy them at times.
The French have a saying, "jeux de vie".  It means joy of life.  It means living life to the fullest, making the most of it, letting your emotions go.

My father in law will soon be free of his cancer laden body.  We will cry, but he will be free.

Jeux de vie Paul, jeux de vie.