Sunday, July 8, 2012

Election of officers

Over the last two years I have asked often, and much, of my fellow Backus nurses. Each time, you have responded. We set about the formation of a union because we believe it is in the best interests of ourselves, our families, our patients, our hospital and our community.

It is now time to elect officers for our Local.

It is important to remember that the Backus Federation of Nurses is an independent federation, affiliated with AFT Connecticut, our state federation, and AFT, our national federation. Independent federations like ours, from all across the nation, working in harmony, like many instruments in an orchestra.

What our Local will look like, what instrument it will sound like, is up to you.

Our officers will lead, but they are our servants, not our masters.

On Tuesday, July 10, there will be an open house at your office, 308 Salem Turnpike from 12 noon till 5 pm.

Nominations for officers will be accepted from noon till 2, and voting will take place from 2 till 5.

I urge all members to come, share some food, vote, and be a part of your Local.

Once again I am asking you for something, your support.

I will be nominated for President of our Local. I ask for the consideration of your vote.
I also ask that you consider the following people whom I support:
Michelle Hayes, 3rd shift LDRP, for Vice President/Chief Delegate
Donna Callicutt, 2nd shift A3, for Treasurer
Melisa Hunter, 1st shift, surgical services, for Secretary

If elected I can promise you two things.
We will all work hard for you and we will continue to ask much of you, because what will make us a strong Local is involvement of our members.

No comments: