Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Our leaders should be trusted servants

As I write this it has been a week since my trip to Washington. It went by so quickly that I'm still trying to absorb it all. First, I have a confession, I absolutely loved it! I loved the excitement, the attention, and the respect. I feel a little guilty about it because I hold humility in high regard and I find myself so proud right now. I feel pride personally but also I am proud of our local, our state and national organizations. Second, I am so thankful, both for the opportunity and for the trust of my coworkers. I know that I am a part of small group of nurses other nurses look to for leadership. It is very humbling and it makes me want to work hard so that I deserve your trust. There is a saying “our leaders should be trusted servants”; I hope our committee can embody this as its guiding principal.
All of us have gifts and we are called to share them with others. In the past year I have come to realize some of my gifts. I am grateful for the mentoring and coaching and the trust and opportunity to use them. We all have gifts. They have been given freely to us. We must keep ourselves open to recognizing these gifts and the opportunities to use them for the good of all.

No comments: