Saturday, June 11, 2011

United we are strong




This morning I was stopped by my good friend Tom. He complimented me on my blog post about my grandfather. He has given me several compliments on my posts and I respect him greatly both as a person and as a journalist. He also pointed out a mistake. In one post I had referenced George Jefferson when I ment Fred Sanford. I have corrected that and thank you Tom, for pointing that out but also for being the kind of man I wish to be, a true gentleman.
I have an woderful editor of this blog in case you were wondering. Ole is not just my editor, he is my friend. Like Tom, a true gentleman.
Many have told me that they have enjoyed reading, that a particular entry made them laugh or cry. I am extremely grateful both for the compliments and that I have been able to touch and hopefully, move people. I would be remiss if I didn't thank God for this opportunity.
In going back to correct my error, I was rereading some of my posts. I was amazed at the level of confidence in my words in the early posts. Looking back I realize now that my speaking about our eventual success was far from certain when I wrote it.
Where did that confidence come from? I am not that person!
I believe that it came from you.
Each of us added to the other's strength and made us all stronger. Truly our strength is greater than the sum of our individual strengths, it is multiplied!
I am honored to be a part of this, honored and a better person to know you all and to call you my brothers and sisters.
Together we can accomplish great things.
It's been a heck of a journey so far, I look forward to the next steps.

No comments: