Saturday, October 24, 2020

Scott

 I wanted to share this from a nurse friend, Scott M. Mesloh RN, who contracted Covid 19 at work because he was not provided proper PPE. He then started a simultaneous battle for worker’s compensation and with medical complications. 

This is why we need to continue to fight for proper PPE for medical and other essential workers. 

Please wear a mask when in public. Please social distance as best you can. Please advocate for essential worker’s safety and voice.  

This is just one day in his struggle 

Cardiac cath is complete, unfortunately when they got into my right atrium it triggered atrial flutter.  They gave me a massive dose of amiodarone.  But it hasn't worked.  So they have me in a private recovery room on telemetry.  The are talking about bringing me back in and knocking me out so they can do a cardioversion...paddles to my heart.  Either why if this continues and they can't fix it I will have to go on blood thinners to prevent clots in my heart.


The other news is they found some atherosclerosis in my arteries, but not horrible, and definely not enough to be causing all these symptoms.


They did give me 5 Valium before the procedure.  And during it, I got 1 mg Versed and 75 mg Fentanyl.  I was awake throughout the entire procedure.  It was very painful at times, but all in all not horrible.  


Trying to get hold of Jill, think she might be on the phone with doc or probably sleeping.


Now the monitor is beeping VTACH in red, hear come the nurses.  BBL.


P.S. Nurse says still in Atrial Flutter, looks like I'll have to go back in and get knocked out with Propofol and they are going to try and shock my heart back into a normal rhythm.  Unfortunately they don't have an anesthesiologist here right now.  Nothing ever goes easy with me.  I always have to be difficult.  She is surprised the meds aren't working well.  Never thought I'd need an AED.  Heartrate is going really high at times.  Feel it in my throat, like an esophageal spasm, tired and dizzy.  Fuck me, life sucks right now.  And I am all alone again.  COVID - 19 non believers, fuck you.  This is all too real.


11:20AM - Doctors on the phone with anesthesiologist right now.  Gonna get cardioverted, hopefully soon and I can get home with Jill and Jordan.  


11:30AM - Just got some Cardizem Injectable, will get another on in an hour.  Still in Atrial Flutter.


12:00PM - Turning phone off to conserve battery, getting more Cardizem soon.  And try and rest.  I'll be back on in a little while to update here.


12:30PM - Going in for cardioversion, they scheduled it for 1:00PM.  So only about another 30 - 45 min.  They said its quick, some light anesthesia and a shock or two to my heart.  Then I have to stay for an hour or two and see how it goes.   Hopefully all goes well and I can get diacharged around 3PM.  But I will have to go on bllod thinners...so theres that.


2:00PM - Cardioversion was successful.  I am awake and snacking on toast and juice.


No comments: