Saturday, October 5, 2019

Angie

My friend Angie Parkinson, is running for town council in East Hartford. The Connecticut AFL-CIO door knocked for her this morning.

l met Angie when we were both delegates to the 2016 Democratic National Convention.
I was a Hilary delegate and she was for Bernie.
As a delegate from a state, you spend the week together and I made a special effort to reach out to Angie because we are both AFT Connecticut members, Angie being a social science teacher with the Colchester Teachers.
Angie was disappointed when Bernie withdrew and I encouraged her to stay involved.

Angie now co-chairs the AFT CT Legislative Action Committee, is a champion for flipping DTCs to the left, serves on town committees, and will soon be a town councilwoman.
She brings energy, passion, and honesty to everything she does. She understands that this is HER town, HER state, HER nation, HER union, HER social movement.
I am proud to call her friend.

No comments: