Thursday, April 23, 2015

60 years in orbit

This week I celebrate the completion of my 60th trip around the sun.
Like everyone, I have good days and bad, but I am surrounded by an amazing group of family and friends, and my life has rich meaning and purpose.
I am reminded of Luke's story of the disciples, on the road to Emmaus (Luke 24)
The two walked along, discussing all that had happened when they were joined by a stranger, who had not heard what had transpired in Jerusalem. As they walked they told the story and in the evening they asked him to dine with them.  It was only when he broke the bread that they realized they were in the presence of their teacher.
As a look back, I see that, although I may have not realize it at the time, God has walked with me through the people who have shared my journey.
At age 60, I believe it is not my job to know the plan God has for me.
It is my job to trust the journey, and to realize that God will walk with me through people, whether I recognize His presence at the time or not.

No comments: