Thursday, September 15, 2011

Love never ends

This has been a very reflective period for me. I was at a family funeral today, the second in a month. That, combined with something that happened at work to a coworker, has made me think about the people who matter to me, my family, friends, and coworkers.
One of the readings today included the following,
Love is patient, love is kind, love is not envious or boastful or arrogant or rude. It does not insist on it's own way, it is not irritable or resentful, it does not rejoice in wrongdoing, but rejoices in the truth. It bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.
This reading is often used to express romantic love at weddings but it also applies to another form of love, the love between family, friends and coworkers. The kind of love that says I'm am always here for you, I've got your back, and I'm not going away.
We are as one, in solidarity. You are my brothers and sisters, remember that. We're here for each other.

No comments: