Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Corona Virus Update 12/23

 Hospitalizations remain stable, 1,155 statewide. Positive test rate today was 6.1%, also stable. We’ve lost 5,735 CT residents to Covid. 

Vaccinations have begun, with healthcare workers going first, leading the fight against this pandemic as they have all year. I’m including pics of 2 Presidents, Sherri Dayton and Heather Howlett rolling up their sleeves. We’ve also posted on FB and Twitter. Please keep these pictures coming. 

I’m also including a vacination update which I’ll share as I get them on the Vaccine Advisory Subcommittee, and some info on phase 1a. 

I also want to congratulate and celebrate Dr Miguel Cardona, who was selected by President elect Biden to be our next Secretary of Education. Dr Cardona was previously a 4th grade teacher and AFT CT member in Meridian. 

On behalf of Jan, David and the AFT CT Executive Committee I want to thank you all for everything you did this year. It’s been a tough one! Happy Holidays and Happy New Year. 

John








No comments: